Run directly from the meter to house, no secondary panel? Leave a comment

I want to run directly from the meter to house, no secondary panel:

Would the following portion of this answer here apply to my situation?

To feed a 100 ampere secondary panel 200 ft. from the main panel, you’ll want to use 1 AWG copper or 2/0 aluminum conductors. This is large enough to safely carry 100 amperes, and to maintain power quality over the distance.


You’ll want to feed the panel using 4 conductors (hot, hot, neutral, ground).
You’ll have to isolate the grounded (neutral) conductors and bus bar in the secondary panel.
You’ll have to install an adequate grounding electrode system at the outbuilding, and bond the grounding conductor to it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *